I love the chance to take time to celebrate our mom(s). And for the first time in a while, I actually got to spend the day with my mom. We all went to church and had brunch at the Mikkelson's. It was pretty low key but we were all together!
Mikkelson gang ~ minus Avery she was sleeping.
Mom & Dad
The past couple of Mother's Day have been a pretty sad day for me. Though I have much to celebrate, it is also a reminder of my loss as well as an unmet desire. When I go now, I think about the women who have lost their moms, or women who have never been moms, or daughters who never had a good relationship with their mom, or those who have lost children, etc. I guess it has made me more aware of how to pray for others around me and to acknowledge that it's ok to be sad. It doesn't mean your not happy for others, it doesn't mean you're depressed or you've loss all hope~ it's just a way to acknowledge all types of journeys. I was very thankful that my church did honor women who have lost children. In our hearts we celebrate because they are with Jesus~ the place we all long to be~ but we miss them everyday!

0 comments:
Post a Comment