Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Update

So today I got a phone call that I wasn't expecting and hung up feeling disappointed, sad, mad, devastated, etc... I was under the impression that I was going to have my laparoscopy either Friday or Monday but the nurse called and said I would not be able to have it done until April 21st. So why would that be disappointing...well for a couple of reasons. 1. They have to put me on birth control to regulate my cycle to fit in with the timing of the surgery (not what you want to hear when you are trying) 2. more waiting... The nurse said that the best time for us to conceive would probably be in the summer. Now in my head I know that summer isn't that far away and that I'm going to be thankful to have the laparoscopy but my heart breaks once again in the "you'll just have to wait some more." 


I knew when we entered this process that I wanted to be able to trust God with the timing of everything but sometimes that is just so hard. It seems like when I hope the most I risk. I risk the fact that it might not happen and of course in my flesh I get disappointed. Yet I still long to hope. Isn't that what hope is about? Longing for what is unseen. Not just when it comes to starting a family but also longing to be with my Father. Longing for Him to wipe away our tears and restore us so we may be complete in him. 

Oh how I am thankful that He never grows weary, cause I sure do. I'm thankful that his mercies are new every morning. I'm thankful that I have a Savior who understands me. 

I really love songs and specific ones have really been meaningful at different points in my life. The one that comes to mind at the moment is Praise You in this Storm by Casting Crowns

I was sure by now
God you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and save the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I am with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away. 

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried 
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

I remember when 
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives 
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth 


8 comments:

lsnellings said...

I am continuing to pray for you!!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry there is more waiting! I know it is difficult and frustrating! That song has really spoken to me too over the years during the stormy times.

One of the books I read during my infertility was The Allure of Hope and it really helped me as so many times I wanted to lose hope and give up because the pain was too great.

I'm praying that as you wait, you will continue to place your hope in the One who holds you during this difficult time!

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry Chandler. Never good to hear "keep waiting". Did you ever get that book I was telling you about "Shattered Dreams" by Larry Crabb? It is REALLY good and helped me so much when I was going through all of that. Hold on to the promise that God's timing is PERFECT and it WILL happen some way, somehow!! I love you!

lsnellings said...

Hey Chandler,
I came across this verse this morning and thought of you:
"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37:4

My prayer for you is that during this time of waiting you will delight in the Lord and have peace that not only does he know of your desire for a child, He gave you that desire! He wants only good things for you and His timing is perfect!

I hope this is encouraging to you! I never know quite what to say about these situations, but you were on my heart this morning and I just want you to know that I am still praying for you and for the child that God has planned for you.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys, and 'hoping against hope' with you! (Romans 4:16-20).

Love you both! -Brett and Nicole

Lisa said...

Chandler! I found your blog today! I am new to this blogging thing :)

You are on my heart! I pray as you wait, you will seek strength in Him!

Please let me know if there is any specific way you want me to pray for you....

Kelly Jones said...

I am praying for you. I know how frustrating and difficult this is. In February 2005, after a year of marriage, I unexpectedly got pregnant. Just as I was finally warming up to the idea of having a baby, I miscarried at 10 weeks. I was devastated, and Brian and I decided that we, in fact, we ready to start our family. We waited 3 months after the miscarriage to start trying, but after almost a year we still weren't pregnant. When we went in for all of the tests, I was hoping they would find something wrong with one of us so we could fix it. The tests showed that we were both perfectly healthy and I was even more frustrated and upset than before. Why was this happening? Then after about three more months, we found out we were pregnant again only to miscarry after 5 weeks. This was heartbreaking. We had prayed for this baby for over a year only to be back to where we started. At this point, I just decided that in God's own time it would happen, so I turned it over to him. One month after my 2nd miscarriage, I found out I was pregnant again. I was worried and cautious, but on July 10, 2007, our precious Emma was born.

Chandler, I know how hard this is, but one day you are going to hold a precious baby in your arms, and all of this you are feeling now will go away. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. I understand. If you ever need to talk, I am just a click away.

HRich said...

I want you to know that my heart is breaking with yours up here. All though I know that it is going to happen in His timing I still break with you! I adore you and I appreciate your honesty and vulnerability (spelling?). When that baby does come into your life it is going to be awesome. I can hear the angels singing now!! I love you girl!