I wish I was writing to say that the Lord performed an amazing miracle for Missy & Greg but last night he took their babies home. They only weighed 10 oz each so they weren't as far a long as the doctor had expected. Once again I am reminded of the verse in Job where Job faced many tribulations and still spoke, "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." It doesn't make sense when you are going through a loss like this to think of praising God and right now I know Missy & Greg and their families are devastated. But I do believe God is sovereign and he is good. What helps me in times like this is to remember the gospel. "God so loved us that He gave us His only Son so that we might not parish but have eternal life." He is always worthy of our praise. So I ask you once again to pray for them. This is a very difficult loss but I know there will be healing. If you have ever experienced a loss like this or you know someone who has had a similar loss, I would appreciate any ideas of how our family can come along side of them to love and support them in their time of need. Thanks for your prayers.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh how my heart breaks for your cousins. I can't imagine how hard this is and will continue to be for them. I will be praying for the Lord's perfect peace as they ride the waves of grief, anger, questioning, etc. I know there are a lot of resources on the internet (blogs, message boards, etc) for losses like this. I might facebook you when I have time some of the sites I have seen.
Oh man...i am so sorry! i can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. we'll be praying.
so so so sad to hear this news. I prayed for them last night and was so hoping for good news. keep us updated on how they are doing.
Chandler, I too thought about your cousins the last two days and prayed. Im so sad for them. I know when Lance's cousin lost her twins (at 24 weeks) she said, please just pray. I was glad to hear about your dye test. I have been praying for you and Adam. Do you know the book "the Valley of Vision?" Its a book of puritan prayers-here is a link to the main title prayer:
http://home.att.net/~jrhsc/pray/valley.html
Its given me a lot of comfort many times to pray this.
Hi...I wondered across your blog from another blog link. I am heartbroken for this family as I lost a son that weighed 10oz also. The way to stay with this family is pray for them and let them know that you pray for them often. And also don't ever be afraid to mention their babies to them....it helps to feel like others remember that they really existed. It's always hard when I talk about being pregnant with Cohen or my delivery of Cohen and I watch peoples eyes turn away b/c they act as if I shouldn't mention his name. I'm praying for and thinking of this family!
Post a Comment