Today I had an HSG. For those of you wondering what that is, here are some facts: A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an x-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. An HSG is done to find a blocked fallopian tube or find problems in the uterus, such as an abnormal shape or structure, etc. During an HSG, a dye is put into the uterus which will flow into the fallopian tubes. It was pretty painless although there is mild discomfort. My results were what my doctor called an A+. (Since I am still a teacher at heart I was thrilled with the grade!!) Basically he said everything looked normal. The machine they use is pretty impressive. I am amazed at the technology and the complexity of the human body. I am so thankful to have good news. Of course there's the skeptic side of me that this is only the beginning but I am rejoicing one day at a time.
Monday, March 2, 2009
HSG
So what's next...
In three weeks I will have my blood tested. Usually they would do that right away but he wants to make sure my progesterone and thyroid medicine are no longer a factor.
Then at the beginning of my next cycle I will schedule my laparoscopy. Laparoscopy is a surgery that will give the doctor a clearer view of any other abnormalities and clear out the endometriosis.
Thank you for your love, support and prayers. A song that has been near and dear to me during this time is Bring the Rain by Mercy Me. I had the opportunity to hear them in a small acoustical setting at a generous giving conference. It was the first time I had ever heard the song and it really gave me a new perspective on how to look at the trials and difficult situations we sometimes must face (I think of my cousins Greg & Missy-see post below).
I can count a million times, people asking me how I can praise you with all that I've gone through.
The question still amazes me, can circumstances possibly, change who I forever am in You.
Maybe since my life was changed, long before these rainy days, it's never really even crossed my mind.
To turn my back on you, oh Lord, my only shelter from the storm, but instead, I draw closer through these times.
So I pray...
Bring me joy, bring me peace, bring the chance to be free, bring me anything that brings you glory.
And I know there'll be days, when this life brings me pain but if that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain.
I am yours regardless of the CLOUDS that may loom above because you are MUCH greater than my pain. You who made a way for me, suffering your destiny so tell me what's a little rain.
Posted by Chandler at 6:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment