Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hope

This blog might not be interesting to most but to those who know our story about getting pregnant you might be interested. Today I had a doctor's appointment with a lady I have been seeing since last summer. She focuses on bio-hormonal replacement therapy but she used to be an OBGYN. She has really helped me so far diagnose a low level of progesterone of which I have been taking to help us in this fertility process. In February, I went to see her to check a bunch of things and there was good news: everything looked great. Numbers that needed to increase did and those that needed to decrease did as well. She was very positive and thought I wouldn't have any trouble getting pregnant again. Ok so now 6 months later I am wondering what's happening. Well today I have hope. I have a few answers and I thought I'd share with you. 1. She said my progesterone level is still too low so she doubled my in take. 2. She said my thyroid is not working properly so I will now start taking something to help regulate it. 3. She wanted me to test my iodine level, which if it is deficient then I will take a supplement to help. 4. She is giving me B12 shots to help with my energy level. 5. She also gave me a prescription to begin clomid. 6. I am also taking a multi vitamin called Foundations that is better than a prenatal vitamin. I have a follow up appointment with her in 2 weeks so we will see. I am not naive to thing that  just because I do 1-6 we will get pregnant. I know the Lord is the author and giver of life and in the midst of doing 1-6 I know that life will be given to us when the Lord decides it is best. In the meantime, you can pray for us to "trust Him will all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding!" Hope: "A desire of something accompanied with an expectation of obtaining it." 

4 comments:

HRich said...

that is great chan! I can't wait to see if it all helps! I tell you what, when you DO get preg which I feel certain you will, you are going to be a GREAT momma!!! I will have to send the book that you got me back to you!! ( The one about being a mom!! :)) Love ya girl!

Teresa said...

Chandler, I'm praying for you right now. May these present trials make you more into the image of Christ, and may you rest in God's indescribable peace before you see his provision. Much love to you. Teresa

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Hey Chandler, I know it's hard to wait month after month! I'm glad you have found a good doctor who is being proactive with your fertility. That is SO important! Like Teresa said, I am praying that the Lord give you incredible courage and strength as you wait and trust in His provision of a child.

Ashley said...

Praying for you all the time Chandler- it's such a hard road and I'm so sad that you have to walk it too- Glad your doctor is taking some action with you and praying it helps! I love you!