The past 2 weeks Adam and I have had several various doctor appointments for various reasons. I guess we are kind of on a health kick so we are working on having our ducks in a row. I think in my last post I mentioned getting B12 shots to boast my energy. Last week they said I could either come to the office and have the shot once a week or I could actually have my husband give them to me. Well, I chose choice number one since the nurse did a pretty good job, it was pretty much painless and did I mention I don't like needles. BUT when I got home Adam clued me in that it is more expensive to go in the office so we would be purchasing the shots and he would give them to me. I was a little reluctant to his request but went along with it as long as he learned exactly what to do. So this brings me to yesterday: Adam and I met at the doctor's office, I purchased the shots and the friendly nurse showed us back to a room and taught Adam what to do. Adam confidently took the shot and inserted it into my leg without a problem, as I look away. There was some pain but it was tolerable. Thinking I had survived the process, I look back only to see Adam taking the needle out of my leg. At this point I made a mistake!! Why did I look?? I immediately started to sweat, and I knew what was coming. Before long I had my head down as Adam was fanning me and telling me to breathe. The nurse ran to get some water. I was really trying to focus on not fainting but what I realized was I had little to no control over what was happening. When the nurse came back with the water, she asked if I was ok and I just looked at her and said, "I can't hear you." It was like I was drifting further and further away. It was such a weird feeling. At this point, she made Adam carry me to another room where I was able to lay down and recuperate. Although I didn't actually pass out, it was a very close call. And some how Adam still convinced me that he will try again next week.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bless your heart!! I'm not a fan of needles either. I hope the shots get better and they work perfectly!
I get the same feeling right before I pass out. Like your ears are full of water. It's so strange.
Post a Comment