Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day! 

a special father's day tribute...
"A good father is one of the most unsung, unpriced, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society." ~ Billy Graham 



It is a joy to be married to Adam! I just love being his wife! I'm amazed that I get to raise these two little ones alongside of him. I love watching him be 'daddy mikkelson' as Addison referred to him the other day! haha...(she's learning her last name so she called him daddy mikkelson) When he comes home from work these two light up as though he is the best part of their day! What a gift ...To see Adam through their eyes. They adore him!! He often gets home from work and gets right on the ground to play with them (of course after he's said hello to me and gives me a kiss). What a statement to my children. I'd be more concerned about getting out of my work clothes & into something more comfortable but not him...he's ready to be a part of their world...playing, laughing, singing, dancing, talking about their day, etc. They are learning just how valuable they are to him and it just melts my heart. Addison made a special tree with her handprint for daddy to put in his office to remind him of Jeremiah 17:8 that says "He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out is roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." As I've learned since being married, Adam always goes back to His source of nourishment from His Heavenly Father and I love how he points our family to Christ! Thank you for your love, your kindness, your patience, your servant heart, your vision, your heart for others, etc..I could go on and on...we love you! 




My Dad (aka Pappy)


My dad and I have never been the mushy father/daughter pair but I love my dad so much! When I think back on my life, I truly believe he was a great gift not only to my mom but to me. As he entered into a relationship with my mom, he also entered into one with me...as a 2 year old! (Now as a mom of a 2 year old I'm realizing that was not an easy thing to choose) I'm just so thankful he did. He chose us...temper tantrums and all! He provided so many opportunities and often I took them for granted as any adolescent would...but now when I look back, my heart is filled with gratitude. I also get the privilege of seeing him with my children. He is now no longer dad but "Pappy." He now gets to have all the fun! He also has been taking care of Bentley since Reid was born. I was really in over my head with two babies and a puppy dog that needed a lot of attention...and I'm so glad we didn't have to give him away. Mr. B is now Pappy's boy and loving life~ I think even more then when it was just Adam and I. I love you dad! 



Adam's dad (aka Papa)


Can you see the resemblance of the three Mikkelson generations?! I just love these three! I have so much respect for my father-in-law and I'm so grateful for the example he was/is to Adam. 'Work hard~Play hard' is often what I think of when I think of Mike. He has taught Adam the responsibility of getting the job done but also how to have fun along the way. I love how he embraced Adam's love of hockey and pushed him to pursue excellence in whatever Adam chose to do. It really shows me how to let our children be who God's made them to be, be it different then who we are or who we want them to be. I'm so thankful our children get to spend time with him and I'm so thankful he takes time to get on their level to make a mess, read a book or jump in the pool, etc. His relationship with the Lord and Melissa has been a great example to us! We love you Papa! 

Thankful for how my life is shaped by these amazing men! I am blessed! 
Photobucket

0 comments: