Monday, January 12, 2009

He gives and takes away

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Job 1:21

Although comparable to Job we have been richly blessed, we can still somewhat relate. This weekend marked a year that our baby went to be with the Lord. I still can't believe it has been a year. At times the road has been marked with grief and other times incredible joy. As we look to this new year with much hope, no matter our current circumstances,  we pray our hearts will continue to say, "Blessed be His name." Thank you to many of you who pray for us daily. We are strengthened by them and ask that you please continue as we trust in His good, pleasing and perfect will for our family. 

We wanted to do something on Saturday to remember our little angel so we decided to paint a picture.  It is not finished but I wanted to show what we have done so far. We are hoping to find someone with amazing handwriting to write a verse in the empty space and then we are going to frame it. We are by no means artistic or that creative but it was our little way of remembering our little one that we miss everyday! 




5 comments:

Ashley said...

Praying for you Chandler! I love you!

Lindsay said...

We're praying, too. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Y'all are such blessings to us!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I know how painful this is for you and my heart hurts that you have experienced the Lord taking away and that for now He is saying "wait" to you guys. I have been there and know how hard it is to trust and praise His name. I'm praying for you!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

I'm always thinking of you and your babies that you will have one day. After we lost our first baby I would always sing "He gives and takes away". (It's true)
Miss you guys,
-Jill

The Downs family said...

I haven't been to the blogs in forever!! Love the picture you all painted...on a side note, Barrie will be here this weekend and she would do an incredible job writing a verse on it. I know she would count it an honor! :-) Praying, mean it!