Saturday, November 7, 2009

A miracle in the making...

I've been wanting to write this blog for quite a while yet have felt a certain hesitancy in putting this out there. Not sure why but here it goes...

On September 1, 2009 I found out I was pregnant. I was at work and decided to take a test because that's what you do each and every month when you are trying. :-) This time I seriously could not believe my eyes...two lines appeared within seconds and I new in my heart that God was at work....

You see Adam and I had decided to take a break the month of August. After our 3rd IUI was unsuccessful we both were certain that taking a break was just what we needed. The emotional roller coaster and the disappointment gets exhausting after a while and we needed to take time off from the doctor appointments, shots, remembering what day it was, etc.... For those of you in this journey you know what I'm talking about!! During this month God worked in our hearts in ways that are pretty indescribable. If you recall from a previous post, August was also the month we were given an opportunity to adopt and through God's infinite wisdom he showed us that wasn't His plan for us. A miracle was in the making....
I called Adam at work and I think I said "There are two lines!!" He was a bit confused since I didn't give him many details and I just screamed "I'm pregnant." He too was completely shocked and responded with "What do I need to do." ...just keep working!! :-) When he got home he was able to see for himself what we both had come not to expect...

The true beauty of the timing of all of this is that it was unexpected!! In our process God gave me a verse that I've treasured in my heart. Luke 1:45 says "blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." In my heart of hearts I knew that one day Adam and I would have children. I didn't know how or when but I knew God was at work and I fought every day to believe, to hope.

My heart continues to break for my friends who continue to struggle with infertility. Many nights I find myself in tears over the losses and disappointments of my dear friends and even some that I don't know that well. If you are reading this and you're the one who's heart is breaking because your still waiting...I get it and I'm so sorry. I know what it's like to be so happy for life given to others yet so sad at the same time. Keep fighting to believe, keeping hoping...and when you can't anymore I pray God gifts you with a community that will fight with you and for you! And if I can pray for you please let me know as I'd count it an honor to walk with you.

So our due date is May 11th and we would appreciate your prayers. We feel so blessed to have such an incredible family and a community of people that have loved us and supported us in so many ways. We are so grateful.



Photobucket

19 comments:

Candace said...

congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys. my heart has ached so many times for you Chandler and for your sweet, patient husband (whom I don't even know). he truly seems to be an amazing man. so proud for you both and can't wait to keep up with how all of your exciting and upcoming things happen. take care and know that (even after all these years) you are still loved. congratulations once again!!

Teresa said...

Oh Chandler! This is the best news! Im am praising the Lord with you! So sorry that I have not called yet! Truly I think to do it every week b/c I've been praying for you. So, from this I think I understand from this post that its was without medical help, just o' natural? Again, congratulations! love, T

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Chandler, I just can't tell you how happy I am for you!!! It makes me teary!!! Congratulations and I can't wait to hear your sweet stories of pregnancy and beyond. What a huge blessing. Love, Dana

Rusty, Ashley and Braxton said...

Chandler I know you don't know me but I'm Micheal Looneys cousin. I read your blog all the time and I have in fact talked about you and Adam in my blog and have been praying for you both. I just knew God would work miracles for both of you and everyday we learn through someone the miracles he does. I will continue to pray for you and Adam and a very much CONGRATULATIONS!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Finally I can shout it from the rooftops!!!!
Congrats on your Oregon baby!!!

Lori said...

Praise God! So, so, SOOO happy for you. :)

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm so excited to read about your good news and the little miracle growing inside of you! God is so good!

Leigh Collins said...

Congratulations new mommy!!! I can only imagine what you are feeling right now. I know everyone wants to give you advice, so goes mine (short and sweet). . .take care of yourself!!!!I can't wait to see your post around May 11!!!!

adrienne said...

I've been waiting for this post so I could say HOORAY! PRAISE THE LORD! We are so overjoyed for you both!

Jenn said...

oh my goodness! i am so happy for you 2! i have been following your blog and have been thinking of you guys! i will be praying for your health and the health of your sweet baby! congrats!

the crazy armstrongs said...

Chandler.. it's crazy how God works but know during the waiting time .. he did amazing work to transform your hearts forever... your miracle is such an inspirations for others all around you. I'm sure your heart feels more like Jesus and your eyes see better than ever before in that you will thank the Lord for such a long and hard road. He has the perfect timing .. we just to have totally trust in him and he will give you the desires of our hearts. Just as he has done in my life also! :) So, EXCITED for you guys!!! CONGRATS!

The Reeds said...

YAYYYYYYYY!!!! What an awesome miracle and answered prayer!! We are SO excited for you and Adam! Congratulations:)

lsnellings said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you! God is so amazing and His timing is always perfect!

Chandler said...

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments. I really appreciate how many of you have prayed for us and now rejoice with us.

Lee Holladay Vernon said...

Yayyyy!!!!!!!! I've been waiting forever for you to post this huge annoucement!!!! I swear that it happens when you're totally not thinking about getting pregnant and your emotions and adrenaline are focused on some other point of excitement. We tried for the better part of a year (I know, not long compared to some) and it happened the week I auditioned for and was cast in a play at our community theatre. I was so pumped up about the play I forgot we were trying to get pregnant. I really believe the adoption opportunity did something for you and Adam and to such an amazing outcome. I hear you're not feeling well, so I hope you get over it soon...perhaps by week 18 like me. You have so much to look forward to now. Try to relax and enjoy it and know the best part is yet to come. I could cry with joy for you.
Lee

Unknown said...

Wow! I am So happy for you Chandler and your husband. I wish all the happiness. You probably didn't know this but I have been reading your blog since our class reunion and quietly praying for and with you. I am so excited for your guys. You totally deserve it. You are going to be a great mom! Keep us posted! And enjoy the ride! Congrats again!

Carla Brown

Deb said...

So unbelievably excited for ya'll!!! What an incredible answered prayer.

Unknown said...

Chandler...just landed on your blog again. Haven't been hear in awhile.
Rejoicing with you and Adam!! What an amazing journey. Praise God for how he works. Thanks for sharing!
Love you guys,
Stacy

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

I love going back and reading what God has done! Please pray for us, we are waiting on a miracle ourselves. Thanks for directing me toward Sarah's Laughter.