Yesterday I was browsing the internet and found a really neat website for women who are struggling with infertility or child loss. They offer daily devotionals called "Daily Double Portions". They took the name from the passage in 1 Samuel 1:5 "...but to Hannah he would give a double portion, for he loved Hannah, but the LORD has closed her womb."
The he in this story is Hannah's husband. He wanted so badly to heal the hurt her heart carried. (Like most husbands would love to do for us). Yet since he could not change the circumstances he did what he could do. He showed her and everyone present that he loved Hannah and wanted to do what he could do to alleviate her pain. He would give her a double portion.
The challenge for us (any of us) is to look for the double portions God has placed in our lives. They are there! I decided to do this and was brought to tears of how richly the Lord has blessed me in this time of loss and waiting. My cup is overflowing with double portions of love. I wanted to share this with you who read this cause many of you are the daily double portions in my life.
*My Lord who daily strengthen me with his Word and showers me with love! He is my portion forever!!
*My husband whose faith can move the mountains. He has taught me how to believe! Through his faith I know my God is with us no matter the storms we might face.
*My parents who bring so much FUN to our life and have always seen the glass half full. We can always count on you! Thank you!
*Adam's parents who are prayer warriors on our behalf. They help us remember and trust in his perfect plan. Thank you!
*My grandparents who have always called me their green eyed girl and no matter how old I get I am always their little girl and have taught me about unconditional love. Thank you!
*Our church that openly acknowledges success and heart break; joy and sorrow and trusts God for the day to day miracles. Thank you!
*Our amazing friends that have allowed us to be ourselves in this process. Who have truly lived out "a friend loves at all times." Thank you!
*My current job where I get to take care of a precious little girl who makes me laugh!
*The beautiful sunny days in Florida. The sunshine warms my soul and makes my heart rejoice in the beauty of His splendor!
*And to the countless others that daily tell us~ we are praying for you! We need and count on those prayers every single day! Thank you!!
May you see God's double portions of love in your life today. He knows the way you take. He knows your struggle. He knows just how to grant you peace and strength for your journey and HE WILL REMAIN TRUE TO HIS PROMISES.
"He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the Lord." Psalm 113:9

1 comments:
Chan I love that story and am so glad you have received comfort from it! I'm praying for you as well!
Post a Comment