Yesterday I drove back to my roots "daphne, al" with mom and two of her friends. I decided it was a great week to come back to visit my family and spend sometime with my grandparents. Today I took my grandparents to see the renovated Battle House Hotel as well as mom's office in the RSA tower. The original Battle House was built in 1851 and it served as a gathering place for high society and a stopover for American luminaries and statesmen, such as Ulyssess S Grant, Woodrow Wilson, and Babe Ruth.
Gorgeous ceiling
the whispering arches
(if you stand in each corner and turn towards the wall and whisper
you can clearly hear the person on the other side.
It was used for spying and such...very clever idea!)
Walking through "remembering" how it use to be
my grandparents (Leo & Margaret)
Visiting mom's office

0 comments:
Post a Comment